© Copyright 2011. Wimbledon Village Club. All rights reserved.

Website by GB

Est 1858 Wimbledon village club

26 Lingfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4QD

Tel: 020 8946 5223 enquiries@thewvc.org.uk The Oldest Social Club in England

As can be seen from the History of Wimbledon Village Club  the Institution was founded as Wimbledon Village Club and Lecture Hall.  Its history was shared until 1988, when because of charity law the Club and the Charitable Trust that administers the whole building had to split into two separate organisations.


The Hall is administered by Wimbledon Village Hall Trust, Registered Charity 1097389.


The President is the Reverend Mandy Hodgson, Rector of Wimbledon.


The Trustees are:           Iain Simpson (Chairman)

Graham Barnes

John Bowcott

Clive Handford

John Huckle

Ann Leighton

Asif Malik

Daniel Whitehead


The Hall is used for a multitude of purposes.  In term time it is a Montessori School and in school holidays it hosts holiday clubs.  Wimbledon Light Opera Society have rehearsed there since 1969.  Ballet, tango and yoga are amongst the activities that virtually utilise the Hall to its optimum.


Additionally, a smaller room on the first floor (the Lingfield Room) is available for hire.  It too is used for yoga and for a share club amongst many other things.


The Village Hall Gallery is an exhibition gallery that can be hired for displays and exhibitions by local artists and schools.


Further details of these facilities including hiring fees can be found by clicking on the pictures